Mainau Island is only 3 km from the hotel and is a year-round destination for young and old. Not only the flowers of the island are worth a visit, it also surprises with a tropical butterfly house, palm house and many other attractions for young and old .
Enjoy nature, feel good, relax - the island of Mainau in Lake Constance is a natural experience in every season. Spring starts with around a million tulips and other spring flowers, hundreds of rhododendrons and fragrant roses sweeten the summer, over 11,000 colorful dahlias make autumn unforgettable and in the cold season the flower island is transformed into a magical winter garden. The popular excursion destination invites visitors all year round to forget the hectic everyday life and consciously enjoy the beauties and tranquility of nature.
Mainau Island – an island for the whole family
Mainau Island is the ideal place to rest and relax in nature. In addition to nature and garden enthusiasts and those seeking relaxation, many families also come to the island. Children can play and let off steam in Mainau-Kinderland, which includes the adventure playgrounds "Zwergendorf", "Wasserwelt" and "Blumis Uferwelt" as well as the farm with a petting zoo, pony rides and flower animals. The insect garden right next door provides information about the pollination work of wild and honey bees.
Autumn and winter on the island of Mainau
From September onwards, the flower island dresses in bright colors, and the autumn leaves of ginkgo, gingerbread trees & Co. glow from afar. A highlight is the traditional autumn exhibition in the palm house. As the last travel stop in the flower year, the island of Mainau invites you from September 21 to October 21 on a botanically sensual journey into the world of what is now the Germans' favorite drink: coffee - Africa's gift to the world. What a typical coffee ceremony looks like in Ethiopia, the homeland of the black pick-me-up, you are welcome to convince yourself on various dates.
When the days get shorter and shorter and the temperatures drop, there are two places on the flower island in Lake Constance that invite you to warm up: In the butterfly house with waterfalls, tropical plants and colorful butterflies, you like to spend time and watch the butterflies dance.p>
But the exhibition rooms of Mainau Castle are also transformed into a dreamlike world of toys for young and old every year. This winter, the 2018/19 winter exhibition invites you to the imaginative BRIO world. From November 9, 2018 to February 10, 2019 you can immerse yourself in the BRIO World and discover historical toys, be creative, build entire landscapes and much more.
- the island is open all year round - from sunrise to sunset
- Especially in summer a visit with the sunset ticket is worthwhile - from 5 p.m. at half price
- To save yourself the hassle of searching for a parking space, simply take the city bus 4/13 from the Allmansdorf stop (300 m) to the island of Mainau free of charge (as part of the guest card / visitor's tax)
Good to know
- The island of Mainau is barrier-free with small exceptions: barrier-free paths are marked in white on the island map, sections with stairs and steps are highlighted in pink. Wheelchairs are available free of charge at the island entrance and at the port
- Dogs are very welcome, but must be kept on a leash